Thursday, November 30, 2006

Oh dear.

Two weeks ago, Allen and I invited a few friends over for a BBQ to celebrate both our birthdays. We went to the markets, and Allen cleaned the house while I was cooking all day. We put on quite a spread.

We were waiting for about 12 people. About 35 showed up. I crashed in bed at 3h30, I had been on set all week, so I was pooped, but Allen didn't crawl in until 8h45am. What a night we had.

There was not one plate, not one glass or one single ustensil that was clean at the end of the night. I had never seen our house, especially our kitchen in such a state.
I had to stack glasses and things on the dining table and plates on my kitchen floor because I ran out of counter space. It was frightening. So frightening, that I took pictures. Check this out.





The next day, I attacked it. It took about 4 hours to clean everything up. 3 1/2 to do the dishes only. Can you believe it? I was soooo over it at the end. I actually took another picture to see the Before/After effect to make myself feel better.




I think next time I'll think twice before trowing another party of that magnitude.
Or use recyclable cutlery and plates and drink cups...

2 Comments:

Blogger johanne said...

no no no!!! not recycling glasses and plates...invite friends to do the dishes the next day or do it with friends before they leave...
but it is great to have friends over for such a great party!
i loved the before and after pictures...

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice after pic! :) With good music on it makes cleaning less of a boring chore I guess...

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home