Saturday, March 24, 2007

You win some, you lose some.

This week has been quite stressful, hectic and emotional.

We got the house. Allen and I purchased our first home.
I am so happy. It's a bit far from the city, but it's cute as a button and exacly what we were looking for. Not too big, but still 3 bedrooms, a nice little back yard with a lock up shed and even a veggie patch built in!! And a compost. And a rainwater tank. Two parking places in an electronic door garage, and a nice big kitchen, and a BATH!!! Oh yeah. I have missed my bathes so much these past few years, I will be soaking big time once winter finally arrives... So the settlement is in a few weeks, so we have to start packing soon. I am a bit sad to leave the house we are in, it's pretty cool and unusual and most importantly, in the city. I will miss living in the city. I've always been so close to it. All my life. So now, I definitely need a car to get around.

Yeah. Cause believe it or not, my bike got stolen tonight. It was pouring rain and I had to ride it to work anyway, because it is my only mode of transportation except my two legs. So not only did I arrived completely soaked at work, but on my way out after an absolutely exhausting night, my bike was gone. They didn't even leave the lock.

The thing is, it was not a nice bike at all. It was a bit of a piece of shit, to tell yout he truth. It was a bad purple color and it was rusty and made a really annoying high pitch squeek when you rode it. So I am thinking some guy just thought that he would get less wet if he was riding a crappy bike than if he continued walking.

So there. This week, got a house, lost a bike.
Although I am really annoyed that I lost my only mode of transport to go to work, I still think I got the better end of the deal.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Most importantly, does it have aircon?

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FÉLICITATIONS MA BELLE POUR TA MAISON !!!

marie claude xxx

1:07 PM  
Blogger Johnny said...

Yeah, that's one thing I noticed when I moved to Montreal, how the younger generation is so non-materialistic, many people under 35 that I meet are still renting the roof over their heads, and not even considering one day buying.

Vast majority of my friends and family from Ontario, on the other end, had their first mortgage by the time their mid-twenties rolled around.

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home