Friday, March 09, 2007

15 1/2 hours

This is one of those times when I really wish I could call Canada but I can't because it's about 2am in Montréal.....

I am excited. Lots of things are happening.
Tomorrow might be a big, important day for Allen and me.

I might be buying an 1971 Volkwagen Beetle. My friend is selling the one he took me to my wedding with. He's selling it for peanuts because he bought another bigger car cause he and his wife are having a baby next month.

It's in great condition, and Allen's dad is coming with us to check it out tomorrow. You guys have no idea how long I have wanted an old Beetle. They are impossible to find in Montréal, or if you do, you'll really over pay for them. Here, there are many on the road still, cause the dry weather is much easier on them than our winters and snow and chemicals to melt the ice and stuff.

So that's one thing.

The second one is that Allen and I are visiting what might potentially be our first home. There is a semi-détaché in Magill, a really nice suburb in the east of the city that would be in our price range, and I have to admit, I have fallen in love with it while watching the pictures. It doesn't look huge, but we have always lived in pretty quaint places. It has two bedrooms, air conditionning, a nice open kitchen, cathedral high ceilings, big windows, lots of light, hard wood floors and a nice big bath. Seems perfect. Close to the city and a really nice commercial street called the Parade. I am really excited about it, and I am a bit afraid I will get my hopes up and then get either disappointed when I see it, or devestated if we make an offer and don't get it.

Man, I need to talk to my mom!! But she is sound asleep.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Francis au Japon said...

If the need to talk to someone is too big, you can always try me. I am not that far, hour wise ;-)

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Je te félicite pour la maison, mais j'ai toujours été plus moteur que maison. Comme dit mon père "Pour que ça soit le fun, Faut que ça sente le gaz".
J'ai un vieux volks aussi, un west 1974. Bienvenue dans le club :-)

10:34 AM  
Blogger johanne said...

oh elle est pas mal du tout cette voiture...je comprends ton excitation...le pere de vanessa, jean michel, en avait une bleue pale...froide en hiver cependant...

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home