Thursday, January 11, 2007

I'm bored.

I am not working much. We have hit the small dip in business at the restaurant. So I have plenty of On Call shifts, but I am not actually going in for any of them these days. I have no money to spend and I am alone all day.

I need a project.

Or heaps of new things to go check out on the net.

I need to entertain myself without having to pay a cent. Hum... not always the easiest thing to do.

If you have any ideas, by all means.


Maybe I'll paint my desk. Hey, it's better than nothing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Francis au Japon said...

Well here are a couple of ideas.
1) reading books
2) download a variety of shows and watching them
3) clicking through Wikipedia
4) take walks....oh yeah 40 degrees
5) Write letters and mail them

8:49 PM  
Blogger Mapie said...

Thank you for the ideas.
I have taken your advice and downloaded the pilot of a series called Ugly Betty. We'll see how we go, it looks like a series derived from the movie The Devil Wears Prada...Aparently, it's pretty good.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Francis au Japon said...

Here are a couple of suggestions
The books I can send you and the series, well Internet!
Books:
1) Foundation series (Isaac Asimov)
2) Children of Men (PD James)
3) The Adventures of Clay And Kavalier (Micheal Chabon)
4) The Alienist (Caleb Carr)
5) La decouverte du ciel (Harry Mulisch)
6) Moon Palace (Paul Austere)

Series
1) Dexter
2) Battlestar Galactica (the new one)
3) Grey`s Anatomy
4) Numb3rs
5) Studio 60 on the sunset boulevard
6) The Office (UK and US)
7) The L-Word

Hope it helps!
Lot`s of love and positive energy!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home