Monday, May 08, 2006

Something new

I got a call earlier this week from Nick, asking me if I was free to focus pull a music video he was shooting on the week end. Cool! I never worked on one of those before. It was so much fun. Louis, our trusty steadicam operator from Melbourne (he worked on 2:37) was flying down. I hadn't seen him for ages.
It was like a reunion.

We shot this clip in one day. In the woods, somewhere in the Adelaide Hills. We had a ball. We shot the whole thing in double time so that it would be in slow-motion once finished. So our absolutely lovely artist, Sia Furler (aka, the singer of much-loved-by-me group Zero7) was also singing the song SUNDAY (from her solo album) in double time. It was quirky, funny, and delightfully exhausting to follow her around in the woods.

But we had a blast. It was great to catch up with a few of the crew members of 2:37 and talk about all the exciting things that are going on.

The next day, it took me lots of will power to get to work, I was exhausted, and the last thing I wanted to do was go and serve food.

But that is my reality. Going off on shoots like this really makes me feel like I am in a dream. I can, for a few days, believe that this is my life, that this is what I do all the time. One day, this will really be my life.
I can't wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger Francis au Japon said...

You worked with Sia!!! Life seems quite nice and fun in Australia...I know that we make our own luck by our choices...but still...you seem to be heading towards something quite frankly unique...And you deserve it!

Keep at it!

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home