Tuesday, April 25, 2006

What a little apple can do

I did it. I finally had time to do something for myself.
Today is Anzac Day. Public holiday when we remember the first time the Aussie troups faught as a united, seperated country in the big battle of Galipoli in Turkey.
Did you ever see the movie with the back then very young and very aussie Mel Gibson?
Anyway.
I am off work today.
It is cloudy and cool outside, and Allen is gone to get his hands dirty on motorcycle oil, and I decided to have a nice quiet one at home to catch up on fascinating things like laundry and cleaning. But while I was doing all that, I got a huge craving for my mother's apple sauce. So I decided to have another crack at it. I would try to make apple sauce.

Went down to the market and grabbed a big bag of apples on sale. Came back and pealed, chopped, spiced and cooked.
Every other time, I was bitterly disappointed in my attempts.
Not this time. Oh my god.

It is the absolute best apple sauce I have ever made.
It is fantastic.

I feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home