Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My way home

I finished work semi-early tonight. On my way back, it was dark, and I was walking alone on the wet pavement. It had been raining all day, so the whole road was glistening and shining. And then I saw it. It crossed in front of me, and hopped onto the tree next to me and climbed up to the first branch. And then, it just stood there, and stared at me.

The first possum I have ever seen for real! And it was great, because we were right under a lampost, so I got to see him so clearly, which is pretty unlikely - they are very shy and very nocturnal animals. Usually, anyway. But he just stood there, in the light, and it seemed as intrigued with me as I was with it.
I was so frustrated I didn't have my camera. So here's a picture I found to show you the type of possum it was...
It was the cuttest most adorable little animal ever. It was very cool.

It reminded me how much I still have to discover in the great Aussie land....

3 Comments:

Blogger appelsj said...

That is cute! =)

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

try walking in the rain forest at night. Be very quiet, and you'll see a bunch of them, their eyes glowing in the dark almost! it's pretty cool. Indeed, many things toi discover down under. :)

11:03 PM  
Blogger johanne said...

tres mignon

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home