Sunday, December 04, 2005

Quiet happiness

So I am setting up the restaurant this morning, and it's 10am. I open the large glass doors and a nice breeze sweeps in. It is 25 degrees, dry, sunny, and there is not a cloud in the sky. The ducks and swans are quietly swimming in the river. It feels like a nice morning in june. The old bells of the church down the road start to ring.

I turn around and see the christmas tree that's just been put up. The smell of pine reminds me of Christmas, even if it doesn't look like it. I pause a second, and I realize that by this time in two weeks, I will be in snowy Canada. I'll be shopping on Ste-Catherine street with my best friend. I will be cooking Christmas goodies with my mom, and playing cards up at the cottage with my cousins. I smile and I think that today, it doesn't matter how long and hard my day is, because I will soon be out of there, on holiday, happy, back in Montréal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home