Saturday, March 28, 2009

Chair #1

From my upholstery class, that is.
Everybody knows I have a thing for chairs. Especially old ones that need a bit of love.. So this is not the first chair I have revamped, but the first one I have done with the real tools, supervised by a real pro, and learning the tricks and techniques.

I got this chair at the end of a movie last year. Art department and wardrobe often have sales at the end of principal photography and this one I got after we wrapped Broken Hill. I needed a desk chair and I loved the old fashioned shape and it was very comfortable, and our lovely art director Tuesday gave me a really, really good deal on it...

But the fake red leather was tired, and really, I could do away with the studs. So I thought I'd use it as my first piece in my upholstery class.

So here it is before:


And after.





I am pretty happy with the result; especially because I changed all the padding on the inside, so now, it's even more comfortable. You really can't lose when you revamp an old classic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mélanie said...

Wouhaou! Super ta chaise!!! Tu as l'oeil de la designer!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home