Saturday, January 31, 2009

Anticlimax

So I haven't written in a while. I'll tell you later why.
But for now, I just need to say how disappointing the Ladie's final at the Australian Open has been. It's just finished, and barely lasted an hour. Even less, I think. The first set was over in 18 minutes for God's sake!
How sad for Safina, who struggled and worked really hard to get to the final, only to be completely wiped by Williams, who beat her 6-0, 6-3. It was borderline humiliating. Safina actually missed the ball completely at one point, swigning her racket really hard and hitting nothing. I was feeling bad for her.

So this whole thing was quite boring. Especially after staying glued to the tv until 1 am this morning watching the men's semi final. Nadal against Verdasco. One of, or I might jus say, the best tennis match I have ever ever seen. And god knows I've seen a lot of them. It was breathtaking, and lasted 5 hours and 14 minutes. Fabulous.

Oh well. Congratulations Serena.

Let's hope that tomorrow's final will have a bit more bite to it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home