Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Une bombe dans la cuisine

Hier soir, nous avons reçu quelques amis de Allen pour souper.
Au menu:

Baked ricotta with grapes, olives and oregano served with fresh foccacia and a walnut and mesclun salad with red wine vinaigrette

Parmesan and sage crusted chicken
Rare beef fillet with raddishes, thyme and lemon
Balsamic roasted carrots
Potato and artichoke garlic mash

Mini cheesecakes with stewed berries
Almond and dark chocolate toffee
Espresso

Et le tout avec beaucoup, beaucoup de vin.
Nous avons eu bien du plaisir. I love when people come over for dinner. I like going through my cookbooks, creating a menu, shopping for what I need and then planning and cooking and baking for hours and put a nice table on. It's so much work. I don't know why I like it so much. I guess I have the hostess gene.

Mais ce matin, la cuisine est un champ de bataille. Nos amis sont partis à 1h am. Nous n'avons pas de lave-vaiselle, et je n'allais pas me taper tout ça à cette heure-là...mais il est maintenant 11h. Si je veux me faire à dîner, il va falloir que je m'y mette...

4 Comments:

Blogger Mélanie said...

Wow, vivement que j'aille souper chez toi!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the menu sounds amazing!!

10:45 PM  
Blogger pappidou said...

Une vraie p'tite Martha, va!!

11:27 AM  
Blogger johanne said...

oui j'abonde dans le sens du pappidou

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home