Friday, November 23, 2007

Christmas

In less than a month I'll be back home.

I say home, because they say home is where the heart is.
And right now, all I can think about is seeing my family.
And my friends - my extended family.

I was going through random pictures today and I found one I took last time I was there for Christmas. It was at the Lajeunesse's house. In the entrance. I remember looking through my camera thinking this frame is everything Christmas feels like to me and I clicked to remember it.
When I see this photo, I feel warm, I feel calm and I feel happy. I can hear my family talking and laughing and the dogs running around. I can hear the snow falling quitely and the fire crackling.




All I can think about is december 18th.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a nicely decorated Christmas living room! :) Seems cozy indeed...

9:37 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

It is true that Christmas in Australia and the northern hemisphere conjure very different images. I feel much more Christmassy in shorts, watching kids try out their new bikes and cricket bats. The Christmas I spent in France (Rennes, donc pas de Noël blanc) was the loneliest I've had.

By chance, I have a friend arriving from France the same day that you leave. I wonder if she will miss the northern christmas, just as you do...

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home