Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Why, oh why.

So I have been running 5km everyday for about a week now. I am desperately trying to get a bit fitter, and well, lose a few pounds here and there. But it's not easy. I am desperately trying to motivate myself like my favorite instructor at my ex gym, Kim, would do. I miss her and her pump classes more than words can say. Yeah. I moved so far away that I cannot go to that gym anymore. I have to find another one, but right now, every cent I get is going into the house. And running along the path next to my house is free.

But not pain free. The thing is, it's getting harder every day, and today, since I got up and ran my little heart out, I have a blinding migraine. From my forehead to the base of my neck. And it's not fun. I haven't been able to do anything I wanted to do on my day off. So here's my question. How come my 5km seem longer and more painful every time I run them? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Man, I might die before I fit into a bikini.

3 Comments:

Blogger Francis au Japon said...

It's all in your mind. Because 5km is always 5km. But running can be hard and difficult. I hate it. Prefer to do sports. Are you drinking enough water?

12:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

relax...

le secret de la course c'est l'état d'esprit et de ne pas arrêter, tout simplement, plus on court plus l'effet de joie de courrir se créer rapidement, on devient accro, pour ce qui est du mal de tête je ne sais pas, bois beaucoup...

Tu me manque

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prend un break...
Cocotte, autant la course est importante, autant le repos l'est lui aussi. Ton corps a besoin de repos pour pouvoir performer et quand il en a besoin, il te lance un signal d'alarme, comme une migraine par exemple. Commence par courir 3 ou 4 fois par semaine, ce sera plus efficace et ton corps t'en sera reconnaissant!!! Lâche pas pitoune, je pense à toi..

Annie xx

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home