Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I had a feeling...

I just went for a movie and dinner with my friend/production secretary Christine. There has been no film work lately and we are both anxiously waiting for the next movie to come to Adelaide. We were talking about the great people we had worked with the past year, and how some of them were lucky enough to live interstate, and therefore, get much more work.

One of them was Frank Hruby, the fabulous sydney focus puller I have loaded for on two feature films last year. I have tried to call him lately to catch up, and when he was late returning my calls, I knew he was working. He is always dead to the world when he's on a big job. I had a feeling it might have been the biggest film to hit us this year, the picturesque 'Australia' the last big one from Baz Luhrmann with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman being shot in Queensland.

And speaking of the devil, when I turned my phone back on after the movie I had a message from Frank. He IS working on Australia! Until the end of the year!! My God. If you could see how hugely envious I am... Sometimes I wish I could fit in Frank's pocket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home