Monday, May 21, 2007

So slow

Allen and I have been living in our house for a month now. And to tell you the truth, I really thought I would have things better organised by now. Like acutlaly have paint on the walls, or my office/guest room relieved of all boxes. But no. It takes so long. Allen is at university full time and works more than part-time hours. So I have to do everything on my own if I want things done before his school holidays in four weeks.

But there are so many holes to patch up in the walls, so many corners that need scrubbing, so many paint colours to choose from, and I am alone most of the time to take care of our pup. And I work 6 days a week. So things are going way too slow, and today, it's driving me nuts. And no one is there for me to vent at, so there.

I'm just so tired of beige walls and pink curtains. Can you blame me?

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

Welcome to home ownership. I bought my condo 10 months ago, it took me around 5 months to really get settled (all furniture bought/replaced, boxes emptied), and this Summer I'm finally getting into the heavy renovations (floors and windows). At least, whatever you do, once it's done, IT'S YOURS, you improve the place for your benefit and not some other owner's.

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea... wanting to get the place perfect quickly is what we always want when we move.. but give yourself a chance... :) this is your house for a long time, so just enjoy it, the whole process. :)

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home