Sunday, June 17, 2007

It's all about timing

I officially have a love-hate relationship going on with ebay.
I have found numerous great things for very little money and have bidded and won and been very happy with the whole process.
But it can be very frustrating sometimes.
Like today.

See, I am looking for a new swatch watch. I love my current one so much but it's pretty fragile, and I can't wear it at work. So I have been on the lookout. But Aussies are very skimp when it comes to Swatches in the shops. They barely have ANY. Seriously. A couple of run of the mill models, nothing more. Nothing really Swatch, you know? Colourful, different, new. Oh, and no one here has herd of their jewlery line, either. That's how boring it is.

So I have turned to ebay to get me a good one. And I found a fantastic one in the US and I bid on it. I had to go to bed and hope for the best, because the bidding was going to end at about 4h30am my time, and well, if I had put my alarm on to wake me up and go back and see if I had been outbid, then the dog would have woken up and yapped, Allen would have woken up and he needs his sleep cause he's in exams right now...So I put in a good bid in, and went to bed.
When I woke up this morning, I found out that I didn't win the watch. I was outbid by one dollar. One dollar!!! Man! How frustrating. And now, of course, I can't find that same watch again. It was way cool. And the more I think about it, the more I realise I really wanted it and I should have put in a higher bid, or just let the alarm go off at 4h15 and wake everyone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home