Monday, June 12, 2006

Saying goodbye

It's hard, sometimes, to say goodbye to a piece of clothing or pair of shoes that you loved so much for so long, but that are now ripped and faded and otherwise unwearable.



That's what happened to me saturday night, when I worked my last shift at the restaurant for a while (maybe forever, who knows?). I had to say goodbye to my trusty black diesel work shoes. I've had them for years, working every living shift with them.

I love those shoes. The comfiest ever. Original and cute. But they have officially died this week. And so, I had to thow them out. But not before taking pictures first, to remind myself how worn, shabby and just plain disgusting they had become, so that when I regret throwing them out, I can look at the pics and realize it was time to let them go.

So there. I am grieving.

2 Comments:

Blogger johanne said...

oui la passion des souliers c'est quelque chose...

10:33 AM  
Blogger morphus said...

i know what u mean, i have loads of t shirts and tops but the ones which get stained are only the ones i happen to love and hich have a snug fit, all the other crap remain intact,
i also have my first adidas running shoes which mum bought for christmas when i started running at 14.,they had cost a fortune that time, My dad had told me to make sure i get their values worth to which i promised i will keep for ever, so there they stay in my box room after 19 yrs ,all worn out but very precious indeed,.maybe one day i will show to my kids if i will have any.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home