Friday, March 24, 2006

The frustrations of watching the Games

It happened during the Olympic Games.
It is now also happening at the Commonwealth Games.

I am not completely certain we are that bad in Canada, but here, it is absolutely impossible to see anything else than Australian athletes competing in sports.

I have been trying to see Alexandre Dépatie diving.

I missed the 3m finals last night because I was working, and on the news today, they told us every single position the australians finished at, and that's all. Nothing about who won the three medals. I had to go on the net to find out he won the Gold!!
Man this is so frustrating. I missed everything from the Olympics, and now, the Commonwealth Games too.
I miss our great Canadian athletes.

Oh, and frankly, the australian obsession with Lawn Bowls is absolutely insane.
What is it with this country and booooooring games?
My opinion is, if you can play it professionally when you are old or very fat, it is not a game, it is a past time. A leasure. Not a sport.
Who's with me?

2 Comments:

Blogger Francis au Japon said...

Sounds like Japan....

7:50 PM  
Blogger PatLam said...

"My opinion is, if you can play it professionally when you are old or very fat, it is not a game, it is a past time. A leasure. Not a sport.
Who's with me?"


I agree 100%.

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home