Friday, April 25, 2008

Can you believe it?

I am finally an australian resident.
Permanant resident, that is.

My spouse visa was granted yesterday.

Now, I can stay here and work and have medicare and stuff, forever. Without having to complete any more forms, or put together obscene quantities of proofs that Allen and I are actually in love and in a genuine relationship. What a complicated, expensive, annoying, long, time and energy consuming process that was. I am so relieved it is all over.

All I'll have to do now is work out in the next three years if going through the process of getting citizenship would be worth it.


We'll see.

3 Comments:

Blogger appelsj said...

Don't you have to give up your Canadian citizenship if you want to get Australian citizenship?

9:56 PM  
Blogger pappidou said...

Finally is right. You showed persistance. Congratulations!

If only our Canadian government was as stringent as your government...

bisous

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats! i'd love to have aussie permanent residency! maybe someday...

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home