Sunday, September 23, 2007

35 years.

My parents have been married for 35 years today.

And I just realised that all of the wedding pictures I have of them are in Canada. Somewhere in my room in Saint-Lambert. My mom wore this really cute oversized berret and my dad was all handsome in his oh-so 70's suit.

And here they are today, a perfect portrait of what I think a marriage should be like.

I would have loved to be able to organize a nice little supper with Steph and Marc-Andre, and watch the parents dance to Les Roses de la Picardie of Yves Montand somewhere between dessert and coffee.

I cannot begin to say how much I love them.
And how much I am grateful for the wonderful example they have set for us.

Joyeux Aniversaire, les parents.

3 Comments:

Blogger pappidou said...

You know, they say that to stand up to 35 years of commune life, you mutually have to put water in your wine...Well, I would dare to say we had to put very little to make it work for so long...
And what makes it even more gratifying is to look at what WE have done together. At least 3 beautiful accomplishments...

Thanks for the memories... Today is as beautiful as it was 35 years ago to the day.
It must be the sign of something...

XX

12:02 AM  
Blogger appelsj said...

Joyeux Anniversaire les parents!

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vraiment un bel exemple!!! Moi, mes parents, ça fait 37 ans!!! Imagine... C'est fou l'amour!!!

Biz Marie,

Catherine xx

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home