Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The rush

Sometimes I think I have what I like to call CRAFTY ADHD.

I have lots of ideas all at once, and when I start on a project, I have an idea for something else completely different and I hop to it straight after, and so on and so forth. That is why right now, my collection is vast, the style varied.

I work well at night, which can become a problem when my ideas follow one another and next thing I know it's 3am...

But I think what I like the most about all of it, is that when I have an idea that I think might be possible, I have this rush. I throw myself into it, get the materials ready and start testing. When I do a piece this way, sometimes it's a total bust. I then learn about how I did it, what I did wrong, and try to find other ways to make it right.

But other times, I do tests and it works. While I do it, my object is taking form and my technique is right and I can see the finish product is at reach.

That is the best feeling ever.
And it just happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home