Friday, April 09, 2010

I have a confession to make.

I do not like Australian summers.

Yeah. I know. It must come as a shock to you, especially because in summer time, I write about nothing else than the bloody heat.

It's funny because right now, in the northern hemosphere blog community, people speak of nothing else but spring. Photos of spring, tales of spring, spring recipes. Really. Was your winter THAT bad?? I guess so.

My favorite 'season' (yes, I use that term loosely here) is definitely Automn. And it's coming. Little by very little. It was still 30+ degrees last week, but this week, slowly, the skies are darkening, rain has begun to fall and the degrees are inching back to a more civilized number. Mid twenties, thank you very much.

When it starts, the grey skies and the cool winds, the grass gets green again. Trees are green too - in fact, everything outside wakes up and lives again. It's beautiful.

I like nothing better than to go to bed under warm covers when it's chilly out. I believe I will keep my bedroom window open all winter.

And tonight is the first time in a long time I need to wear socks.

Joy.

1 Comments:

Blogger appelsj said...

C'est pas tant l'hiver que le manque de lumière dans une journée...

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home