Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Three Month Threshold

Since I've moved to Australia, I have been fortunate enough to go back to Canada pretty much every three months. That is about the amount of time it takes me to become homesick to a point where I cannot wait to go back and see my family and friends, stroll in the streets of Montreal, and shop at the GAP with a Second Cup white mocha in my hand.

There is such a thing, I have discovered, as a 'non-shop' frustration. This happens when you want a very specific item. You need it, you have the money to purchase it, but somehow, you cannot find it in any store in the city you are in. In my case, Adelaide. This phenomenon becomes a real bitch when you know exactly where you could get that particular item in the city you are NOT in, aka Montreal.
This has happened to me sooooooo many times, especially this week. And it's driving me nuts.

The three month threshold has more bite at times. But the hardest part about it is that I really start missing my friends. My parents. My cousins. My grand-mother. And my dog. I can't wait to go back to Canada for a few weeks. It's like coming up for air, in a strange way. But I really love it here too. Too bad I can't get everything I want, cause if I did, everybody and everything good about my life would be contained in the same city. Not scattered somewhere between Montreal, Toronto, Rennes, Paris and Adelaide.

I really want to go home for Christmas. But I also really want to work on December Boys. I guess I have to be careful what I wish for, cause one makes the other impossible. This sucks.

So there you go, family and friends, you will know if I am coming home for Christmas by this time next week. And you will know we can afford for Allen to come along.
Let's all hope for the best. x x

4 Comments:

Blogger appelsj said...

Hey chika... similar problems here, don't know if I'll be home, only because I might not be able to come back here in time for exams... complicated decision... Oh well we'll wait and see. bisoux

3:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On pense beaucoup à toi nous aussi et on aimerait vraiment, and I emphasize on the word vraiment, te voir pour Noël... J'ai hâte de te voir, d'aller faire du shopping avec toi, d'aller prendre un café, mais si jamais ça fonctionne avec ton film pis que tu ne peux pas être là à Noël, on va être capable d'attendre et on va juste avoir encore plus hâte de te voir à ta prochaine visite!!!
Miss ya
Annie xxx

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time your in Montreal sweetie, I'll personally buy you that white moka and we'll go shopping at GAP like we did the last time...
thanks again for your birthday wishes...
Marc

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

salut ma cousine !!!! moi aussi j'ai super hate de te voir, en espérant que ca soit à Noel, car la derniere fois qu'on s'est vues, on était en train de cueillir des fraises !!!Quelle vie !!!
marie claude xxxxxxxxxx

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home