Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Diary of a Kitchen renovation, the days after

After the floors were put in, the guy's work was done. And mine really begun.

I had painted the crown molding and the ceiling the night before the renos began, and now, everything else was left. See, the guy who lived here before us never painted the ceiling or the walls. Go figure. He was fine living in a place where there was hand smudges around the light switches and tons of scuffs on the geeprock walls. (Is that how you spell geeprock? Ha...too tired to look it up)

So anyway, the place looked dirty and disgusting. You can't really see it on the pictures.

Once the floors were in, the guys finished it off with a molding on the bottom of the wall. A small one, to edge in with the existing one thats made in wood and varnished.
And there was no way I was going to sand for days in the new kitchen. So I had to buy this special paint to prime over it, and over the edges of the kithen cabinets made out of laminate. But that took me a whole day, because it needed about 5 coats. Shit.

The next day, I painted the walls. This is what the dining room looked like once painted and the bookcase back in it's place.



Then I had to seal the wooden counters, that took about five coats of oil as well...

And I am still not done yet. I need curtains on the window above the sink. I took the really ugly beige steel blinds off. And a new dining table.

So for now, diaries are finished. ( I can hear a sigh of relief...)

Final pictures to come.

2 Comments:

Blogger appelsj said...

J'ai hate de voir le "final product".
I think after that, you will have deserved the title of Martha Stewart for sure!

bisoux

2:19 AM  
Blogger Suzer said...

May have to ask you for suggestions when we begin renovating our home.

-Another 'fake aussie'

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home