Friday, February 10, 2006

Countdown of Aussie's favorite movies

Ok, ok.

I have not done this in a long time, but this one was pretty cool, I think.
There was a special show of The Movie Show on that tallied a survey that had been going on for months. They asked people what their favorite movie was, and then, (of course) made a top ten.

Some were obvious, others, well...surprising.

So here goes. !0 to 6.

10 - FIGHT CLUB

Now that's a bit of a shock to start with. Ok, so it was kind of a cult movie when it came out, it's exciting and good and all, but since then, I think that lots of other great films could have taken this 10th spot in the list.

9- GONE WITH THE WIND

The only classic film to have made the top 10.

8- THE PRINCESS BRIDE

Now, this one, shocked me. Cause of course, we all loooooove that movie, but I didn't think it would have been in this top ten. I guess that's one movie that stood the test of time. Everytime I watch it, I laugh at a new joke. The characters are full and funny, and it's great. I love everything about it. I am such a Rob Reiner fan.

7- PULP FICTION

Duh.

6- STAR WARS Trilogy

Now this one surprised me. Not because it is in the top ten, but because it is not higher in the list. I was watching the show and thinking: What could possibly be in the top five then, if Star Wars is in number 6??


Let's have a pool of our own. What do you think will be in the top 5 of Australia's favorite films? (Hint: there is no Australian film in the top 5)

6 Comments:

Blogger appelsj said...

Matrix, LOTR...

5:31 PM  
Blogger Francis au Japon said...

I was gonna say Matrix, but gimme sec here....

Couching Tiger Hidden Dragon and let`s say hummmmm Wizard of Oz

What do we win?

2:06 AM  
Blogger Francis au Japon said...

Je viens de voir tes photos sur flicker...

TU CONNAIS CLAUDE MAILLOT!!! WOW!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Mapie said...

Claude est mon oncle, Francis.
Je ne savais pas que tu étais un fan...

2:24 AM  
Blogger Mapie said...

Hum... qu'est-ce que vous gagnez...
Laisse-moi y penser, je te reviens là-dessus....

2:25 AM  
Blogger Francis au Japon said...

Un fan? oui et non. J`ai apprecie son travail a RDS et je trouvais qu`il faisait du bon boulot, ok oui, un fan.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home