Saturday, August 06, 2005

It's a wonderful life

Today was a wonderful day.
Woke up at 5, (ok, not the greatest time to get up when it's cold and dark...)
but I got on set and shot all day. With people I respect and admire. I had fun. And I will be paid for it. My father was right when he said: '' when you find a job that you love, you never work a day in your life.'' Oh yeah.

Then, a message on my phone. The producer found my sunnies. Oh my God!! I'm soooo happy!!Yeeeee! My oakleys!!!!

After the shoot, Nick and I joined film friends at a movie people gathering in Adelaide that was promoting HD and XD technology. Our feature was the big hit of the night. People congratulated me and praised my work with the steadicam. I was dirty from the set, I was in shabby clothes, my hair all messed up and not a drop of makeup. But man, I felt wonderful.

Then, out to a Thai dinner among close friends. And a movie. In the biggest theatre in the cinema.

My pregnant friend Charlie and her boyfriend Michael put an offer on a house. They were sure they weren't going to get the loan, nor the bid. They got both, and got the house. That's truly wonderful. The house and the neighborhood is perfect for their child to grow up in. I'm so happy for them.

Then, to top off an almost perfect day (it would have been perfect if Allen was home so I could tell him everything and cuddle up on this chilly night), Charlie told me that my bosses and the chef at Jolley's made us an incredible-never-before-seen deal on the room upstairs so I could afford having my wedding reception there.
Oh my God!!!
I'm so happy!!! It's incredible.
Those guys are just so good to me.

I have a cold, my throat hurts and I'm caughing. But I feel great. Oh so great.

2 Comments:

Blogger appelsj said...

I love days like that... that's so GREAT!
Oh, and it was a good day for me too... it was my last day at the BIODOME!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I`ll just say this....
Sweet!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home